Frequently Asked Questions for Small Businesses
At Near Me Marketing Services, we know how difficult it can be to run a successful small business. Many people ask, “Why is marketing important for small businesses?” Most small businesses need to thrive on search engines like Google.Â
Gaining more potential customers requires your website and content to have a better SEO score. This SEO FAQ page will answer the most critical questions, like “What is SEO?” and “Why is marketing important for small businesses?”
These are the nine FAQs people ask us the most. For more FAQ, check out each of our service pages: Website & SEO, Google Services, Citations, Social Media, and Direct Mail & Email Marketing. Still have questions? Give us a call! Our team is happy to answer any other questions you have.
Discover how Near Me Marketing Services helps small businesses nationwide succeed by calling 660-988-4373!Â
What Small Business Industries Do You Work With?
Our specialty is service industry small businesses, but we are happy to discuss marketing strategies with any small business owner! However, we do not offer services to businesses in adult industries, spiritual industries, or political parties.Â
What is SEO and How Does it Work?
SEO stands for search engine optimization, and its primary purpose is to bring more organic traffic to a website and its affiliated channels. SEO thrives off organic search queries and not paid ads.Â
Why Does My Business Need SEO?
Sometimes small businesses make the mistake of throwing tons of cash at ads. A good company uses various strategies to attract potential customers. However, a great business understands the importance of a sound SEO strategy.Â
The primary source of website traffic starts with a simple Google search. Therefore, a marketing strategy infused with SEO can increase quality visitors through better search rankings.Â
Why Isn't My Website Ranking on Google?
Your website might not rank on Google for a few reasons. Some of these reasons can include the following:Â
- You recently launched your website, and you either need to submit it to Google for indexing, or it needs to build up more authority.
- Your content lacks quality, such as not matching a searcher’s intent.Â
- You violated Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, resulting in a penalty.Â
How Long Does it Take to Rank on Google?
This is another SEO FAQ we see a lot, and the answer is: it depends. However, the process generally takes at least a few months.Â
What are Google's Most Important Ranking Factors?
Google’s most important ranking factors are:Â
- Followed through backlinksÂ
- A user’s time on a site
- The content length, as well as overall qualityÂ
- Overall referring domainsÂ
- RankBrain (Google’s machine learning AI that helps Google sort through search results)
Does Social Media Help Increase My Rankings?
Social media doesn’t directly impact how your website ranks on Google. However, quality social media accounts and posts help build your brand. Additionally, you can funnel visitors on social media to your website.Â
Why Should I Have a Blog on My Website?
Having a blog on your website offers numerous benefits, including:
- A blog can help establish your brand throughÂ tone, style, and subject matter.Â
- A blog is great for a business to show off its industry knowledge and authority. For example, users searching for HVAC services may read your blog to determine if your team knows their field.Â
- Most importantly, a blog is ripe for keyword optimization. A website with relevant keywords is more likely to get on Google’s good side. Blogs are also excellent places for backlinks and internal links.Â
How Do I Know What Keywords People are Searching for to Find Businesses like Mine?
Before launching your SEO strategy, knowing the keywords customers use in a search query is instrumental. Different tools are available, but many businesses succeed using SEMrush’s Keyword Magic Tool or Google’s Keyword Planner.Â
Using these tools, you can enter terms related to your business and discover ranking keyword suggestions. Our team can also find the most relevant keywords for your business and incorporate them into our marketing strategy.Â
Call Us Today to Learn How We Can Help Your Business Be Found Online Affordably
Don’t let online marketing weigh you down. Digital Marketing is an ever-changing process. You do what you do best and leave the SEO to us!
We are your small business marketing specialists – we love helping small companies grow!